Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Blackout to protest SOPA/PIPA

 

So I wasn’t going to post anything today. But I thought well I don’t really have any follower or readers to notice me missing a post in protest to SOPA/PIPA. So instead I'm going to post to let you know my standing on the topic. I'm sure you noticed that some sites are blacked out today. This is the internet’s way to combat the bills. It is showing people how it will look when/if the bills pass. As I'm sure you can tell if you know me that is, I'm against the two bills. They are very loosely written to the point that big business would be able to use the government as there own personal law firm. Below is a link to a petition that will be emailed to your local congress men. If you are against the two bills please sign fill out the info in the link.

Here are just a few of the sites that are protesting the bills are:

Dominic deegan – Web comic.

Wikipedia – Wikipedia

Google – search engine

SOPA STRIKE

The crossed out parts are just some of the things that might happen to websites should these bills pass.

Salithox signing off


Quote of the Day:
Smooth seas do not make for a skillful sailor.
--African Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment