Sunday, February 26, 2012

My PS Vita Review.

 

First the side notes: The minecraft server has been updated to Tekkit 2.0 for minecraft version 1.1. The problem with this is the world no longer work. So the server might have to start over from scratch. If this ends up being the case then we will have lost everything that all the video’s were made for. But I will still post what I have for them as of now. After I run out I will start making new ones for the new server. If this is the course that has to be taken that is. I am working on trying to convert the world over to the new update. Things were taken out of the worlds that were in the pervious version and that is what is causing some of the problems I believe. There is also a world converter available for this issue but it doesn’t seem to work for me. So I will keep trying. With that out of the way onto the review. Full review after the break.

 

PsVita review time.

As you all know I ordered the FEB (First edition bundle), So I have had my Vita since the 15th of February. Today I am going to be going over some of the stuff it can do and what I like and don’t like about it. So lets just dive right in, you have the system which is made up of 4 buttons, 2 triggers, 2 analog sticks, d-pad, PS button, 2 cameras front and rear,  and a start and select button. Also you have the touchscreen and rear track pad, which add more functionality to the system. You also have a memory card slot (I bought a 32gig card for all the Digital downloads ill be doing), a cartridge slot, and a broadband sim card slot (3G bundle only I believe). That is what comprised the vita, and when you put it all together you have a pretty solid portable system and we haven't even touch the stuff it does yet.

When you power on the system for the first time you will have to enter in some info and do some updates but after that you are good to start downloading and playing to your hearts content. The set up  really only takes a few minutes to do, but the system update adds some wait time on to the set up. After you get it all set up you are met with a nice interface on the touchscreen. You have a “game” installed called welcome party which is really just o teach you how to use the system and all the stuff it can do. I don’t care for it all that much but it does really help you learn some of the controls and functions of the rear track pad and touchscreen, that is if you are unfamiliar with them.

Now that you have your system set up and you are familiar with the controls we can dive right into the rest of the goodies. The system is unique in the way some of there games work. Like I bought escape plan, I think it is a great game personally and what makes it so fun is you play the whole thing with only the rear track pad and touchscreen. Even thou all your doing is swiping and tapping you feel really drawn into the game with the flow and consistency of your controlling. But then you play a game like Super Stardust Delta and you feel like your playing a PS3 game cause it handles so smoothly like its counterpart. Thou it does have added controls for the the motion sensor and the touch pad and screen.

Then there are other things you can do with the vita. Such as networking on twitter and Facebook. They also have a app that comes preinstalled called Near. With near it lets you see who is near by within a 3 mile radius of you that also has a vita and is sharing on near. You are also able to get gifts from these people. The gifts can by anything from demos to unlocking things in games you own and so on. Inside some games you are also able to leave gifts around for others to pick up. If you have a 3G version it can auto up date for you ever 60min while your out and about with it on. That means when you get home or to wherever your going with it you might have picked up some gifts along the way.

The sound for the portable system is amazing. They have a setting you can select that limits the volume so you cant make it too loud. When you turn it off you can really crank up the volume on this thing. It gets loud. and I mean loud of only having 2 little speakers on it. The graphics are close to ps3 ones in my opinion. I know some people will say no they are closer to ps2, and to them I say maybe on some games yes. but on all the ones I've played they look closer to ps3. So overall the sounds and graphics are amazing on this little portable.

The last thing id like to go over with you in this review is that way the system is set up to save battery life. I know a lot of people are concerned with battery life on portables. The way this goes about helping you out is some games will turn off your network connections while playing and then turn it back on when you quit out or when it comes to a part in the game where it needs to have it on. In doing this you are able to save a lot of battery life. The down side to this is thou when you are using the party chat you never know what game will cause it to close out on you due to the it turning the network off. Other then that it really does help the battery last. I get around 6-7 hours of hardcore playing on mine before having to charge it. But if I only play 1 or 2 games a day for like an hour or so on it I've gotten like 3 days out of it. Now you can keep it in standby mode too but I only do when I know I'm going to be going back to it within and hour or so. If I'm not going to use it for a few hours I just turn it off to keep the battery even better.

So all in all, I believe the system is well worth the money. You might be spending more on the stuff for it like memory cards and adapters and so on. That is if you want more stuff for it thou. Like I said earlier on I got a 32gig memory card cause I will be doing a lot of  digital downloads with the systems. That thou is a personal choice. If you get the cartridges for the games then you would be fine with  smaller card. Even with having or not having to get extra stuff for it, this is still a great deal on a portable that will be around for a long time I believe. If I have to give a overall rating for the system Id give it a 8 out of 10.

Here is some vita gameplay footage from YouTube if you'd like to see it.

So there you have it folks the vita review by me Salithox. Keep in mind a lot of it is my personal opinion and I hope you make up your own minds about the system in question. Well that does it for the post today. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Salithox signing off.


Quote of the Day:
All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they had really happened.
--Ernest Hemingway

No comments:

Post a Comment